ON MAKING AMENDMENTS AND SUPPLEMENT TO THE CONSTITUTIONAL LAW “RULES OF PROCEDURE OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY”
Non official translation
Article 1. In part 2 of Article 5 of the Constitutional Law “Rules of Procedure of the National Assembly” (hereinafter - Law) of December 16, 2016, LA - 9 - N:
1) Paragraph 13 shall be amended as follows:
“13) shall appoint and dismiss the chief of the Staff of the National Assembly (hereinafter Staff), deputy chiefs of the Staff;”;
2) shall be supplemented with paragraph 13.1 with the following content:
“13.1) shall approve passports of offices of civil service in the Staff, as well as shall appoint and dismiss civil servants holding offices of 1st , 2nd and 3rd subgroups of leading offices of civil service in the Staff;”;
3) paragraph 14 shall be amended as follows:
“14) shall approve the list of offices of the staff and the official rate of remuneration of the staff members;”;
4) Paragraph 16 shall be recognized as invalid.
Article 2. In part 2 of Article 66 of the Law, the words “, as well as their deputies” shall be replaced by the words “and their deputies, as well as the secretary of the Security Council, the Representative of the Republic of Armenia to the European Court of Human Rights, High Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs, heads of Offices for coordination of work of the Civil Service and of Inspection bodies of the Staff of the Prime Minister."
Article 3. Article 160 of the Law shall be amended as follows:
“Article 160. The Staff
1. The Staff shall provide assistance regarding implementation of the powers and functions of the National Assembly and its bodies, including professional assistance regarding formulation of drafts or documents submitted to the National Assembly for consideration, as well as shall implement their participation in civil legal relations and regulation of organizational issues and personal Management.
2. Peculiarities of managerial legal relations and civil service in the Staff, as well as other peculiarities of the organization and activities of the Staff, shall be established by law.”.
Article 4. In Article 162 of the Law:
1) the words in part 3 “ : in accordance with the legislation on state service in the Staff of the National Assembly,” shall be replaced with the words “are civil servants;”
2) in part 4, the words ‘ of the Republic of Armenia “On State Service in the Staff of the National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia” ’ shall be replaced with the words ՙ “On Civil Service” ՚;
3) in part 6, the words “shall be accepted to work and dismissed from work in accordance with the legislation on state service in the Staff of the National Assembly” shall be replaced by the words “is a civil servant.”
1. This Law shall enter into force on the tenth day following the day of its official promulgation, with the exception of parts 2 and 4 of Article 1, Articles 3 and 4, which shall enter into force beginning July 31, 2020.
2. The law establishing the peculiarities of managerial legal relations, and civil service in the Staff, as well as other peculiarities of the organization and activities of the Staff shall be adopted before July 31, 2020.
President of the Republic of Armenia A. Sargsyan